Daily at 8.30am - from April 1 (except sunday)
Why book with us:
-We are Barcelona's local company
-Great choice of tours and activities
-Excellent online rates
-Fast and easy booking process
-SSL Secured transaction
This day-tour combines the two most popular sites near Barcelona.
Make the most of your time and visit the Penedes wine region on the way to Montserrat Sanctuary. Here you will discover the Cathedral of Cava. Codorníu has the largest underground cellars in the world. It stocks up to 100 million bottles which are housed in a Modernista building declared a historic artistic monument. The visit includes a tour around the cellar in a small electric train and a taste of cava (a Catalan sparkling wine).
After this stunning experience you will drive up the mountain and Benedictine monastery of Montserrat, which was founded in the 11th century, and is definitely a must-see when you come to Barcelona!
Enjoy this tour full of breathtaking and spectacular landscapes!
What is included:
- Professional English-speaking Guide
- Transport in comfortable private bus with air conditioning
- Entrance fees to Codorníu Cellars and a wine-tasting
Departure time will be at 8.30am and the tour lasts approximately 6h15. The tour runs daily, except wednesdays and sundays. Departure point is Plaza Catalunya, in front of Deutsche Bank and Hotel Olivia Plaza. Please look for the guides with orange umbrellas!
You will explore the following sites with an English-speaking guide:
- Caves Codorníu: these vineyards date back to 1551. Since then the Catalan traditional values have gone hand in hand with innovation and entrepreneurial spirit. They are the largest underground cellars in the world. The Codorníu Cellars were created between 1895 and 1915 by the Modernista architect Josep Puig i Cadafalch. It is one of the most important examples of how the Modernista architecture (Art Noveau) combined visionary designs with the practical needs of industries. The wine ferments at least nine months in a bottle, in the dark, still and at a constant temperature in the underground cellars. The visit to the vast cellars continues in a small electric train and ends with a wine-tasting.
- Montserrat: the mountain is a massive rock with a height of over 1200 meter, visible for miles, with weird shapes and rounded peaks that jut into the sky. The unique natural park has paths, stairs, caves, chapels and hermitages scattered over the mountain, extraordinary landscapes and wonderful views. Enjoy the picturesque while we drive along the Llobregat river and up the spectacular mountain. The Benedictine monastery is nearly 1000 years old, perched half way up the mountain and sheltered by its peaks. On arrival to Montserrat our guide will give an orientation tour to the main places of interest: Monastery, basilica, museum with a marvelous collection of paintings, Stations of the Cross, as well as bars, restaurants, shops and home products market.
Please consider that silence must be kept inside the church so your guide will give you explanations outside and show you the Lady's Chapel with the 12th century figure of the Lady of Montserrat.
Tour members will have free time for lunch, which is not included, and to dedicate to the aspects of this beautiful and spiritual place.
Montserrat is a beautiful place of Catalonia. But this region offers a range more Highlights and Cities to visit. So we recommend to add the Tour "Tarragona & Sitges" to your To-do-list and discover the most stunning coastal cities on the Costa Dorada.
Child (3 - 12 years old)
Children less than 3 years old travel for free and have to sit on their parent's lap.
Plaza Cataluna, in front of Deutsche Bank & Hotel Olivia Plaza. Your guide will be standing right next to the bus, holding orange umbrella.
You can see the exact location of your pick-up place here.
Online Booking is necessary.
Please print the Voucher (not the Booking summary) and bring it with you to the departure point of the tour.
If you have any question do not hesitate to contact us.